The ANMF Tasmanian Branch is led by a Council of members and referred to as Branch Council and Branch Executive. Learn what these positions entail and how you can get involved and/or join.
How do I nominate?
Nominations, which must be in writing and comply with the registered rules of the Federation, may be made at any time from Tuesday 17 September 2019. Nominations can be found below. Please note that prospective candidates and nominators will need to verify their financial status and any other qualifications required by the Federation’s rules prior to lodging nominations
What should I be aware of before nominating?
- Note: Rule 84.1 A candidate for election to the office of Branch Councillor shall have been a financial member of the Federation for a period of one year immediately preceding the date of nomination for office and shall be a member of the branch in which they are nominating for office at the date of nomination for office.
- Note: Rule 84.4 Candidates must be nominated by three other financial members of the Branch.
How do I lodge a nomination?
Nominations must be lodged via the following method(s):
- By Post: Ann Dougan, Returning Officer, Australian Electoral Commission, GPO BOX 4382, MELBOURNE VIC 3001
- By Hand: Returning Officer, Australian Electoral Commission, Level 8, Casselden, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 (by appointment with the Returning Officer)
- By Fax: 02 6293 7603
- By Email: A properly completed nomination form including all necessary signatures and attachments may be scanned and submitted as a pdf file to email@example.com
Things to note about your nomination
- Emails to the AEC inbox that appear to be spam may be blocked. It is the responsibility of senders to ensure that their email reaches the AEC before the deadline for nominations.
- In order to be able to be received by the AEC, emails (including attachments) should be no greater than 6 MB in size.
- You may call 03 9285 7161 to enquire about the status of your nomination.
- Nominations cannot be withdrawn after 12 noon AEDT on Tuesday 8 October 2019.
When will the voting period commence?
Should the number of nominations exceed the required vacancies, the ballot for the voting period will open on Friday 8 November 2019 and close at 5pm AEDT on Monday 2 December 2019.
Nominations open Tuesday 17 September 2019 and must reach the Returning Officer via the lodgement method(s) stipulated not later than 12 noon Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on Tuesday 8 October 2019.