The Nurse Educator role is a Registered Nurse who will be accountable for the delivery and assessment of education/training programs provided by the ANMF (Tas Branch) Health, Education and Research Centre (HERC). The Educator will also be responsible for contribution to, and compliance with, relevant standards, policies and procedures that relate to nationally recognised training.
Positions available at fixed term and/or casual.
ANMF is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.
The Educator will:
- Contribute to, and undertake the development, delivery and assessment of training programs, lesson plans and other training sessions for courses offered by HERC;
- Have an understanding of and capacity to use relevant technologies to assist in the delivery of education and training;
- Conduct workplace training and assessment of students at various sites for clinical placements;
- Maintaining currency in the training and assessment competencies gained in the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Mentoring and supporting students.
The Educator will assist in development of appropriate assessment tools and processes for training sessions, in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Training Package and within the standards, policies and procedures established for use within HERC. This work will involve:
- The use of approved assessment instruments in all subject areas taught;
- Contributing feedback in relation to assessment instruments used in terms of their robustness and effectiveness and/or the need for review and adjustment.
The Educator will contribute to the quality improvement/assurance processes and RTO Standards for VET. This will be achieved through:
- Contributing to measures and processes that support HERC compliance with policies and procedures and participating in regular validation of course material;
- Contributing to quality assessments against the applicable standards;
- Utilising policies and procedures that ensure that the quality improvement cycle is systematically applied throughout HERC;
- Familiarising self and new staff with quality requirements and actively contribute to quality assurance and improvement activities.
The Educator contributes to the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with:
- Industry partners including group training and other sources of student referrals and placements;
- Quality and other regulators;
- Other nursing/midwifery organisations and the higher/VET education sectors.
For further queries and to obtain a full position description please contact Robyn Liddington on email@example.com or phone 6223 6777