ANMF Tasmania are seeking an Organiser to be employed on a Contract/Temp basis.
About the business
The ANMF Tasmanian Branch is the largest voice of nurses, midwives, and care workers in the state.
Our collective strength allows us to represent members working in a range of healthcare settings. We are involved in and work collaboratively, with our members, government agencies, and professional bodies and industry leaders to improve conditions for the nursing team.
With over 322,000 members nationwide and 8,000 in Tasmania alone, our strength and collective bargaining power allow us to actively promote and protect the interests of the nursing team.
The Organiser is responsible for providing industrial and professional support as well as advocacy on behalf of ANMF Tas members in their place of work.
Working closely with members and developing relationships with ANMF Workplace Representatives within a specific geographical area, the Organiser will be accountable for:
- Engaging ANMF members at their workplace to identify issues that can be addressed through member and ANMF collaboration.
- Ensuring effective communication systems are in place to guarantee members are aware and engaged with ANMF activities in their workplace.
- Developing and ensuring the effectiveness and capacity of ANMF Workplace Representative networks at all worksites within a specific geographical area.
- Coordinating and implementing recruitment activities in conjunction with the ANMF Marketing department to ensure sustained growth of the ANMF membership.
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of cases before administrative, professional, and industrial tribunals as requested.
- Providing advice and developing policy that is consistent with ANMF member views and contributes to ANMF’s strategic goals.
- Developing, coordinating and monitoring the strategic direction of the allocated portfolio.
- Individual member representations as an extension of the ANMF Member Services team.
- Co-ordinating and evaluating strategic industrial campaigns on behalf of members within the assigned geographical area.
Key Selection Criteria
- Knowledge and ability to apply relevant industrial, professional and clinical legislation and guidelines relating to nursing practice.
- Awareness of contemporary nursing/midwifery issues and a commitment to promote these to the wider community.
- Demonstrated skills/commitment to:
- Recruitment and retention of members
- Advocacy and negotiation
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication (both verbal and written)
- Time management and self-directed organisation of work
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Ability to research and analyse reports (e.g. human resources and financial) relevant to nursing issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of trade unionism.
- Highly developed computer skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- A current nursing/midwifery qualification.
- Current drivers’ license.
Central business address in the heart of the city
Opportunities to work from home within Tasmania. Some face to face meetings with members, and support at meetings may be required
Flexible working days (and hours)by negotiation
For a full Position Description please contact Robyn Liddington