On Monday 27 April 2020, the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation Tasmanian Branch (ANMF) wrote to Mental Health Services management to raise concerns on behalf of our Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) members in the north of the state. These concerns were regarding matters related to the COVID-19 pandemic. On Friday 1 May 2020, a response was received from the Secretary of the Department of Health.
The ANMF seek to advise members of the following outcomes:
- Statewide Mental Health Services (SMHS) will examine and determine all possible options to provide additional cleaning resources. In the interim SMHS will organise to meet with CATT staff to explore interim options
- CATT staff should contact the Launceston General Hospital (LGH) Emergency Department (ED) prior to attending to ensure they are aware of the current protocols and changes to the environment
- CATT staff can don and doff scrubs when assessing clients in the ED at the LGH
- CATT staff are to contact their Clinical Lead or On Call Nurse if any issues are identified with social distancing when assessing clients in ED
- Full time staff will be allocated an individual desk space
- SMHS have allocated a larger van/minibus to transport clients
The ANMF acknowledge the difficult and challenging times that our CATT members are currently working in and will continue to advocate for you during these times. We thank you for your service to the community and we encourage you to all stay safe and take care of each other. If you are experiencing any difficulties with coping at work given the stress and emotional impact, debriefing and counselling support is also available free to ANMF members via Nurses and Midwives Support on Free call 1800 667 877.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our Member Support Team on 1800 001 241. Alternatively, email email@example.com.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 situation, our Member Support Team are now practicing social isolation and working from home. Bearing this in mind, email is the preferred and fastest way of contacting them.
Download a print ready PDF of this newsflash here.