$1500 per fortnight
From 28 September 2020 –3 January 2021
- Full Time Workers – $1200 per fortnight
- Part Time /or Casual Workers employed less than 20 hours per week – $750 per fortnight
From 4 January 2021 – 28 March 2021
- Full Time Workers – $1000 per fortnight
- Part Time /or Casual Workers employed less than 20 hours per week – $650 per fortnight
- To be eligible for JobKeeper Payments under the extension, businesses and not-for-profits will still need to demonstrate that they have experienced a decline in turnover, the requirements for this are:
- 50 per cent for those with an aggregated turnover of more than $1 billion
- 30 per cent for those with an aggregated turnover of $1 billion or less
- 15 per cent for Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission-registered charities (excluding schools and universities)
$1100 per fortnight (including $560 payment and $550 COVID-19 supplement)
From 25 September 2020 – 31 December 2020
- Fortnightly payment of $810 (including $250 COVID-19 supplement)
1 January 2020 onwards
- The new rate for JobSeeker will apply until December 2020, at which point the Federal Government will review and advise of possible changes and extensions.
- The JobSeeker payment replaced the former Newstart unemployment payment when COVID-19 hit, at this time an additional $550 pandemic supplement was added, this supplement will reduce to $250 from 25 September 2020.
- The extended JobSeeker payment will allow recipients to earn $300 a fortnight before facing a reduction in the payment.
- Those on JobSeeker will be required to apply for more jobs as part of the program than initially required earlier in the pandemic, under a gradual return of mutual obligations. Failure to do so, may mean a loss of payment.
Updates correct as at 23 July 2020.
Authorised by Emily Shepherd, ANMF Tasmanian Branch Secretary