The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation Tasmanian Branch (ANMF) is the leading professional and industrial body supporting nurses, midwives and carers in Tasmania.
We are seeking a dynamic team member with a background in nursing, midwifery or care work to join our team of ANMF Organisers across Tasmania and service ANMF members who work in the South of the State.
The position is part time (0.6 FTE) based in our Hobart office and is for a six-month fixed term contract with the possibility of ongoing employment.
The successful applicant will manage a portfolio within the Aged Care Sector and will provide high level information, advice and support to ANMF members on a wide range of professional and industrial issues.
The successful applicant will have:
- An interest in and passion to improve issues relevant to our membership
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- The ability to work autonomously and develop portfolios and networks
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Current driver’s licence
The job will include:
- Campaigning to improve employment conditions for members
- Engaging members to understand professional and industrial issues
- Representing members in disciplinary matters
- Supporting Workplace Representatives to advocate and represent members
- Working closely with the ANMF Industrial Services and Member Support teams to grow your industrial knowledge and skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated professional looking to expand their career. Comprehensive training will be provided, allowing the successful candidate to build on both industrial and professional knowledge.
If you are passionate about the rights and working conditions of nurses, midwives, and care workers, then this could be the job for you!
The position description including the selection criteria to address is available to download as a PDF here.
Applications including a statement addressing the selection criteria and a current resume marked ‘Confidential’ should be addressed to Director of Operations and Governance, 182 Macquarie Street, Hobart TAS 7000 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 29 July 2019.
Applications made via SEEK will not be accepted. ANMF will contact candidates who may progress to interview and if your application is unsuccessful you may not be contacted.
ANMF (Tasmanian Branch) is an equal opportunity employer.