This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated professional looking to expand their career as an ANMF North West Organiser. Comprehensive training will be provided, allowing the successful candidate to build on both industrial and professional knowledge.
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation Tasmanian Branch (ANMF) are the leading professional and industrial body supporting nurses, midwives and care workers in Tasmania. We are seeking a dynamic individual with a background in nursing to join our Organising team. The successful applicant will provide high level information, advice and support to ANMF members in the north west of the state, on a range of professional and industrial issues. Please note that the position, which is full time and permanent (subject to reviews at three and six months) is based out of our Devonport office.
The successful applicant will have:
- An interest in and passion to improve issues relevant to our membership
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- The ability to work autonomously and develop portfolios and networks
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Current driver’s licence
The job will include:
- Campaigning to improve employment conditions for members
- Engaging members to understand professional and industrial issues
- Representing members in disciplinary matters
- Supporting Workplace Representatives to advocate and represent members
- Working closely with the ANMF Industrial Services and Member Support teams to grow your industrial knowledge and skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated professional looking to expand their career. Comprehensive training will be provided, allowing the successful candidate to build on both industrial and professional knowledge. If you are passionate about the rights and working conditions of nurses, midwives and care workers, then this could be the job for you!
For further information please contact:
Shane Rickerby, Organising Team Leader (North/North-West) on (03) 6223 6777 or 1800 001 241 (free-call outside Hobart area). Alternatively, email email@example.com.
Applications including a statement addressing the selection criteria and a current resume marked ‘Confidential’ should be addressed to The Governance & Strategy Officer, 182 Macquarie Street, Hobart TAS 7000 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 13th September 2019.
ANMF (Tasmanian Branch) is an equal opportunity employer.