ANMF COVID-19 Newsflash: Private Sector Update
- Could you please provide details on the strategies implemented to reduce transmission of the Omicron strain in your facility/facilities? Or alternatively, please feel free to provide a copy of your outbreak management plan.
- Can you confirm that you have sufficient PPE and hand sanitizer to allow staff, and patients, to be kept safe during this pandemic (particularly if there were to be an outbreak at your facility)?
- Have staff been fit tested for N95 masks? If no, when is this to occur and what are the interim safety measures that will be established while staff are waiting for fit testing?
- What payments or access to special leave will be granted for staff who are required to isolate pending getting access to a COVID test and obtaining the subsequent result? Noting that access to testing is now significantly delayed.
- In the instance that staff are required to receive a third COVID booster dose, will there be access to additional special paid leave/time to attend a booster appointment? If a staff member has an adverse reaction to the booster, will paid leave cover this time as well?
- Are there any additional leave (over and above personal leave) arrangements available to staff who, not being unwell themselves, need to self-isolate or care for someone (e.g., child) with COVID-19 that will be provided?
- Will you be providing Rapid Antigen Testing for staff members? If so, what will the process be for access to these tests?
- Are you willing to commit to presumptive workers compensation if a staff member becomes unwell, after a workplace exposure, with COVID-19?
- If a number of staff become unwell (or are not unwell but are required to isolate pending test results) with COVID-19, what plan is in existence to maintain safe staffing levels?
- Are you employing additional administration staff to deal with access and entry to your facility and any extra record keeping that is required?
- Confirmation of your support for additional 15-minute hydration and comfort break due to workloads and working while in PPE.
- Could you please provide a copy of your staffing strategy, and any staffing contingency plans?
As the ANMF receives a response from your employer we will provide further details via Newsflash Updates. In the interim If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Member Support Team on 1800 001 241. Alternatively, email email@example.com. Please note: Due to the COVID-19 situation, our Member Support Team are practicing social isolation and working from home. Bearing this in mind, email is the preferred and fastest way of contacting them.
Updates correct as at 17 January 2022.
Authorised by Emily Shepherd, ANMF Tasmanian Branch Secretary
More latests news