Aged Care Updates – Statewide
Southern Cross Care Tasmania (SCCT) – Enterprise Agreement (EA)
The ballot for protected action is open TODAY (Thursday 17 March 2022 for four days) to all staff at SCCT. Organisers will be visiting your sites regularly with information about how to vote. You will also receive information from the Voting Agent (Vero Voting) so keep an eye on your emails as well as your phone messages.
This ballot is being undertaken electronically and while you will be given a user name and number that is only for the purposes of ensuring one vote/one person. The vote is anonymous, and no one will know how any person has voted.
Remember VOTE YES to all questions. Voting YES does not mean you have to take the action selected, it just means that members can decide to take that action at a later date if they wish.
50% of all members on the list need to vote and more than 50% of those voting must vote YES.
The Ballot is only open for 4 days so when you receive the message VOTE before you forget.
- Changes to leadership at SCCT: The ANMF encourages members to feed back issues related to absence or instability of leadership in SCCT sites, especially in Human Resources matters, and members are encouraged to look after themselves and their colleagues in these unreasonable situations. Use internal SCCT reporting systems, if you can, to highlight the impact on your workload and morale.
- EA: The ANMF has conducted follow up meetings with members at all SCCT sites and, as above, we are running a second, electronic Protected Action Ballot (PAB). Look out for an email and make sure you are ready to vote, from Thursday 17 March 2022 to Sunday 21 March 2022, inclusive. The ANMF will be visiting all sites in the run up and during the Ballot period.
- Changes to Servery and Catering: The ANMF invites members to continue to report back to us how these changes are affecting you, your workloads, and your residents.
- Rosary Gardens: ANMF members are working without a Facility Manager.
- Guilford Young Grove: ANMF members are working without a Facility Manager.
- Fairway Rise: ANMF members are working without a Facility Manager.
Respect Mt St Vincent
The ANMF held a member meeting on Wednesday 16 February 2022 where members raised workload concerns. We thank members who completed the subsequent workload survey. The information will be used to formally raise concerns with your employer. Further member meetings will be held, please watch for the invite via email.
Masonic Care Tasmania (MCT) Fred French
The ANMF has received feedback from staff regarding concerns about allegations of bullying and discriminatory behaviour at the facility. If you require advice, please do not hesitate to contact our Member Support Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Regis – Enterprise Agreement
The scheduled EA meeting was cancelled as HACSU were unable to attend. Members will be informed regarding updates to the EA process.
Updates correct as at 16 March 2022.
Authorised by Emily Shepherd, ANMF Tasmanian Branch Secretary